Shannon McNamara was commemorated through the 10th annual run/walk, at the Campus Pond Pavilion Trail. Shannon McNamara was an Eastern Illinois University student who was tragically murdered during the summer of 2001. While at Eastern, Shannon was a Physical Education major, a member of the Physical Education Honors Club, a student worker at the SRC, … Continue reading
Unity High School, Tolono, Illinois, has a full-time position available. Must be certified to teach Physical Education and Health. Special consideration will be given to someone with driver’s education certification. Coaching experience or interest is preferred and opportunities exist in softball, women’s basketball, and women’s track.
Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience as determined by a competitive salary schedule. Tuition reimbursement is available. Start date is August 2014. Applications with be taken and reviewed until the position is filled.
Submit a resume, transcripts, 3 contacts of recommendations and a copy of certification to:
Mr. Phil Morrison, Principal, Unity High School, 1127 Co. Rd. 800 North, Tolono, IL 61880
Personal trainer positions are available at Cadence Fitness and Wellness Center in Geneva, Il. For more information, go to
DIETERICH UNIT #30 POSTING OF VACANCY FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
Junior High Baseball Coach
Interested individuals may contact the Unit Office at (217) 925-5249 or forward a letter of interest to:
Dieterich Unit #30, Mr. Cary Jackson, P.O. Box 187, Dieterich, IL 62424
Manteno CUSD No. 5 has an opening for a Middle School Physical Education/Health Instructor for the 2014-2015 School Year:
- Current Illinois Professional Educator’s License to teach at the K-12 level
- Physical Education and Health Education middle school endorsements
- Adaptive PE endorsement or willingness to obtain this certification
- Recent training and/or knowledge regarding current trends in the teaching of physical education/health education
- Ability to use technology in physical education and health education and to share instructional knowledge in its use with fellow physical education/health education teachers
- Commitment and ability to work with a full range of students
- Skill in using a variety of instructional strategies to engage student learning through innovative, relevant learning experiences
- Commitment to the education professional as evidenced by participation in curriculum development, projects, district or building-level committees,and professional organizations
See the job posting for additional information at http://www.manteno5.org/.
Dr. David Stotlar (center) was a recipient of the 2014 CEPS Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Stotlar is an accomplished scholar in the field of Sports Administration/Management and a graduate of Eastern Illinois University. EIU is proud to call Dr. David Stotlar one of their own.
Rockford Public Schools is actively recruiting energetic, positive teachers that are willing to coach.
There are currently 2 full-time openings for coaches as well as teachers.
- Roosevelt High School is an alternative school and is in need of a full-time PE teacher. Roosevelt has no athletic programs so this person could coach elsewhere in the district.
- Auburn High School is in need of a “triple threat” teacher certified in PE/DE/Health. They have coaching positions available as well.
Dean of Physical Education, Health, Driver Education, and Wellness
501 7th St
Rockford IL 61104
(Phone) 815-489-7373 ext 16105
A group of Sports Management students and faculty attended the ISU Sport Management Symposium on February 21, 2014. The students took the opportunity to listen and learn from professionals in the field of sports management. The students were an excellent representation of our department.